Rocks & Minerals Websites
Americans use nearly 30,000 short tons of fireworks per year.
Most of these fireworks are used on the Fourth of July.
- Bright GREENS are made with barium.
- Deep REDS are a product of strontium.
- BLUES come from copper.
- YELLOWS require sodium.
More colors can be created by mixing compounds:
- ORANGE is produced by a mixture of strontium and sodium.
- SILVERY WHITE by a mixture of titanium, zirconium and magnesium alloys.
- LAVENDER is obtained using a copper and strontium mix.