Halloween Trivia Quiz for Fun
1.Halloween colors are orange and black because orange is associated with the ___________ harvest and black is associated with darkness and death.
2. Jack-O'Lanterns originated in Ireland where people placed candles in hollowed-out ________to keep away spirits & ghosts.
3. Pumpkins come in orange and what other color(s)?
4.What candy was the first wrapped penny candy in America?
5. Is a pumpkin a fruit or vegetable?
6. Do pumpkins originate in Central or South America?
7. Transylvania is a region in what country?
8. Every Halloween, Charlie Brown helps his friend Linus wait for what character to appear?.
9. Why do people "bob" for at Halloween?
10. More ________ is sold during Halloween than any other time in the year.
11. What chocolate candy bar is the most popular candy for trick-or-treaters?
12. What is Samhainopobia?
13. The ancient Celts believed that spirts roamed the countryside on Halloween night. They began wearing _______ and costumes to avoid being recognized.
14. The sale of Halloween (Candy, Costumes or Decorations) average 2 million dollars annually. Select one answer.
15. Halloween was brought to North America from what continent?
16. What is the weight of the heaviest pumpkin listed in the Guiness Book of World Records?
17. In what country did Halloween originate?
18. What is the most popular Halloween costume sold on Amazon last year?
19. What was the most popular children's costume last year?
20.Name the first candy bar that was introduced in 1900?
23 years earlier that Milky Way, 31 years earlier than Snickers and 41 years longer than M&M Mars.
Halloween Trivia Answers
3. Blue, Green & White
6. Central America
8. The Giant Pumpkin
12. The fear of Halloween
16. 2,032 pounds
18. Maleficent -The evil fairy from "Sleeping Beauty."
19. Elsa from the movie "Frozen."